Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Check-up and Photos!

Yesterday was Harper's first doctor appointment. Everything looks great. He is down to 7 pounds. But it is perfectly normal for babies to loose up to 10 percent of their body weight within the first week of their life. Now we have to make sure he gets back to 7 pounds 3 ounces by the time he is 2 weeks old. So we have another doctor appointment in 5 days to check his current weight. As much as this little man eats, I have no doubt that he will gain the weight back. 


At the doctor's office.

The doctor told us that we should sing, talk, and read to Harper every day because it helps stimulate his brain development. I already sing and talk to him every day but I hadn't started reading to him yet. So tomorrow I am pulling out the Dr. Suess books and I am pretty excited about it! 

Lately my days have consisted of feeding and sleeping. I stay up most of the night... Harper loves to eat frequently at night. But he is the best little sleeper during the day. So when he sleeps during the day, I take naps with him. It is actually working out well and I feel pretty good for the most part. I guess your body gets used to the limited amount of sleep after awhile. 

We had a wonderful weekend together! On Saturday we were able to take Harper to lunch to watch the Arkansas vs. Alabama game and he slept through the entire meal. The game was disappointing, I was really hoping that Arkasas would pull out the win... but it was a great game. And it was so nice to finally get out of the house! After lunch we took him to Kent and Marisa's for the Carolina game. He was so good. He just chills out and sleeps. This game was also a HUGE diappointment but I won't even get into that. But I would like to throw out the fact that I think Spurrier made a horrible decision by taking out Garcia for Carolina's last 2 possessions. That is way too much pressure to put on a freshman quarterback and I think he needs to build his confidence in Garcia and leave him in for the entire game... but that is a whole new post my friends. 

To all of my friends and family, I am calling everyone back this week. Sorry it has taken me so long, I have been trying to get adjusted to everything. But I am finally feeling better and I am on more of a routine. So you all will hear from me soon. ;) 

Here are a few photos taken at the hospital when Harper was 1 day old!! He is so small and sweet. Thanks again for all your kind comments and messages!! It means a lot for you to take time out of your day to share kind words. Love you guys. 


The Huffmans


Daddy loves his little man!


Harper Huffman- one day old


My little angel! 

Jaime

17 comments:

  1. He is so BEAUTIFUL, the most beautiful baby I have ever seen! Looks just his mom, sorry Erik, but he does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet pics=) glad mom, dad, and baby are doing well!

    -Katie Hill

    ReplyDelete
  3. such sweet pictures! he is absolutely precious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, isn't he just precious. You look so happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pictures are wonderful! I love the one of the 3 of you...it shows your wedding rings and I like that as you cradle your new addition!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful baby and those pictures are amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. He DOES look just like his momma! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is just so sweet! I love his little lips!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh, I feel ya on the Carolina game, I was NOT a happy camper. Especially since I kinda abandoned our Oktoberfest party off and on throughout the night to keep up with that travesty. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those pictures are just too precious! Congrats to you guys

    ReplyDelete
  11. He's a doll! He has such cute pouty lips!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm melting! Those pictures are so sweet! Were those actual hospital pictures or did you have someone else take them?

    Just a word of warning on the sleeping - make sure he doesn't get his days and nights mixed up. My first did that for a while and it was no fun after a while! I'm glad you're getting to do some things during the day though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are great pictures!! I have the same question as above...who took the pics?! Glad you are adjusting well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much ladies! Those were actually our hospital photos. They came in the day after he was born and took them in the hospital bed. I think they did a great job considering the set-up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. jaime - he is beautiful! Just precious. I know you guys are loving every sweet minute. =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. He is a beautiful, beautiful baby!! And good for you for sleeping when he sleeps...so many moms (myself included) don't follow that rule and end up completely exhausted and frustrated in no time!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity