Wednesday, September 22, 2010

So In Love!

Wow, I am so blessed. I really can't find the words to describe the way I feel about this little guy right now.  I am so in love! Every little wiggle, burp, coo, smile... amazes me. I never thought I would get so excited to change a dirty diaper but I do. I check his diaper and when they are soiled I find myself letting out a little cheer before I check it off his feeding chart.

The nights are long. Harper likes to get up and alert around 4AM. But I love when his eyes are open and he is sitting there staring up at me. The sleep deprivation is well worth it! He is taking a nap right now but I have to go wake him for his feeding. I will try to blog about my wonderful birthing experience soon!

The last few days have been quite a whirlwind. My days have turned to nights and my nights have turned into days. So I apologize to all my friends and family for not returning their phone calls, e-mails, and texts. Hopefully I can catch up with everyone by next week!

In the meantime, here are a few photos from the hospital. He is such a handsome little guy.


My sweet boy napping in the hospital bed with me.


He loves to sleep with his little hand underneath his chin! 


Harper with his sweet Auntie Risa!


I love when he opens those big eyes!


You can't tell by the photo but he has beautiful dark blue eyes.


Erik driving home from the hospital with Harper's gigantic stuffed bear up front!

More photos and updates soon! Thank you all for your sweet comments, blessings, and prayers! They really mean the world to us. It is such a wonderful feeling knowing that our little boy is so loved!Jaime

22 comments:

  1. heheh Jaime he has your cheeks!! and nose! :) Text or call me when you get a spare moment! I want to come up for a little visit NEXT Saturday if you're available!! :) p.s. no more sleeping til 12 for YOU!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious! Is the only word I can come up with to decribe this wonderful Blessing of yours!! Congratulations to You and Erik!!
    Welcome Harper, you had the world awaiting your arrival... XO HHL

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is absolutely beautiful!! Sounds like he is sleeping better than most newborns! :) 4 am is pretty good ;) Hope everything is going well. Sending prayers your way for your family and your wonderful blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is just the cutest little man! You will make the perfect mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is so beautiful, one of the most precious I've ever seen! Congrats to you & Erik!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!!! He is so CUTE!!! I can't wait to hear all about him :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a new follower, and have enjoyed your posts leading up to baby!!! My little one is 7 weeks old, and I know exactly how you feel! The lack of sleep is sooo worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Harper is precious! What a blessing you have!! Congratulations to you and Erik for this little bundle of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a follower but never a commenter-but I want to send you and Erik big bunches of love and happiness! Enjoy every second of having your Baby Harper in this world, he is a precious peanut of love! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is so so cute! I LOVE his nautical outfit in the second photo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. he is soooo cute! getting excited to change diapers... hahaha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. He is beautiful!!!! Congratulations! I had a feeling I would look at your blog today and find you had become a mommy :O)

    As any mother out there will tell you...never, ever, ever wake a sleeping baby. So dont worry about waking him up to eat - the schedule will come later, right now it's all about survival :O)

    ReplyDelete
  13. He is absolutely beautiful!!! Can't wait to hear more about your adventures as a new mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're so right, there's nothing like the love you feel for a child. It's like they fill a hole in your heart you never knew was there. He is a heart-breaker for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations, I am so happy for you! Harper is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. He is BEAUTIFUL!!! What a sweet face! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  17. He's beautiful! Many congrats to you and your hubbie! I can't wait to see more and more pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's amazing how fast you can fall in love with a child, I think it's the innocence, the vulnerability and the fact that you and your husband created a beautiful, living, being. Blessings to you and your new family. And I think you can take a vacation from blogging! Lessons I learned from my mother - Don't forget, when the baby sleeps, you sleep, and if you're cold, the baby is cold, if you're warm, the baby is warm.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aww, Harper is beautiful! And your hospital pic looks beautiful too! I never seen a woman look that pretty after giving birth. I had 3 friends have babies this week and I must say Harper wins the CUTEST NEWBORN CONTEST! :) Have a great weekend, I hope you can get some rest.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity