Friday, September 17, 2010

What A Week!!

It has been a long week of anticipation and waiting. Still no baby! But I have enjoyed taking it easy! I just woke up at 12:30 this afternoon and it feels good to feel well-rested. I probably won't feel this rested for a LONG time. So I am going to enjoy it while I can.

Erik has to work late today. He is going to work, then going to a photo shoot mid-day, then back to work. So I hope Harper will hang in there a little longer. I mean if I go into labor, of course Erik will leave work immediately and come get me. But panicking while trying to figure out how to do ahold of him during a photo shoot doesn't sound very appealing. So I am going to stay seated and try not to walk around too much (walking is supposed to help induce labor. If you go for a walk or march up some stairs it is thought to bring on labor because of the pressure of the baby's head pressing down on your cervix. At the very least, walking can help get your baby into a better position for labor.) Once Erik gets home I want to take several walks around the block! O, the day in the life of a pregnant women.

If Harper comes on Saturday... he will arrive on the day of the South Carolina vs. Furman game. I went to Carolina and Erik went to Furman, so that would be kind of fun. I convinced Erik to cheer for the Cocks. I think everyone wants to see Marcus Lattimore rush over 200 yards tomorrow. That kid is a BEAST! Seriously, he is so much fun to watch. You think he is going to be tackled then somehow he manages to break the tackle and gain 7 more yards, He is the real deal!

Ha!!! I think we were dancing at tailgate

This is a really RANDOM post. Sorry folks but I am bored. Very, very, bored. Let's see what else...

Last week I went to Spartanburg Regional for a few pregnancy classes. They were wonderful and I highly recommend checking them out if you live in the Upstate. Best part, they are FREE!!

I am pretty sure it is impossible to fully prepare yourself for motherhood. But I think taking as many classes and reading as much material helps ease some of the normal fears.

Erik started playing in a new band here in South Carolina. He seems very excited. I think he was having music withdrawals! His friend from Nashville, Jameson, happened to move down to Greenville recently and missed playing music. So they decided to get together and start playing. They have a show scheduled at USC Upstate in October and they hope to book more shows across South Carolina. I think it is going to be great for Erik and I love listening to him practice. The new band, "Palmetto", is playing more country music and Southern Rock music. So I have had fun trying to convince Erik to learn a few Dierks Bently and Kenny Chesney songs! I think they found a drummer and another guitar player. So they should be playing soon!


I decided to make a few fun song lists because the CDs in my car were old and getting on my nerves This could quite possibly be the most random group of songs ever. But sometimes you just need a crazy mix in the car! I thought I should share:

1) "Ocean Avenue"- Yellowcard
2) "Say It Ain't So"- Weezer
3) "Sunday Bloody Sunday"- U2
4) "Last Dance With Mary Jane"- Tom Petty
5) "Jumper"- Third Eye Blind
6) "Wrong Way"- Sublime
7) "Interstate Love Song"- Stone Temple Pilots
8) "Jet Airliner"- Steve Miller Band
9) "Do It Again"- Steely Dan
10) "She Don't Know She's Beautiful"- Alan Jackson
11) "Brass Monkey"- The Beastie Boys
12) "Juicy"- Biggie Smalls
13) "Good Directions"- Billy Currington
14) "Sideways"- Citizen Cope
15) "Mr. Jones"- Counting Crows
16) "Ants Marching"- Dave Matthews Band
17) "Lots of Leavin' Left To Do- Dierks Bentley
18) "Long Train Runnin'" -The Doobie Brothers
19) "Dirt Off Your Shoulder"- Jay-Z

Ok, I guess that is enough random thoughts for the day. I am off to double check the nursery and hospital bags. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Jaime

14 comments:

  1. wow! good luck :) you seem to be handling everything really welllll!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband is a big sports fan and was talking about SC's running back (I think that's his position). He said he must be good for Spurrier to keep running the same play over and over! That would be pretty funny if Harper decided to come on that day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE your cd mix...i'll have to make me a similar one. i listen to Gin Blossoms on pandora and it's such an easy station to listen to at work. when i listen to Britney i get too jacked up and can't focus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my mother is a BIG fan of yours, from survivor days. when i told her you were nervous about not having erik around she wanted to share a little story....
    "right before i went into labor with the prince their father left for a job in pittsburgh. which is about five hours away. right in the middle of the workday, and back in 1989 before there were cell phones or beepers, i went into labor with your brother.
    so i did what i had to do. i went to the store and picked up enough diapers for you and your sister, then dropped off your father's shirts at the dry cleaners, and then took you to my mother's so she could watch you, and then was going to drive myself to the hospital. you tell that sweet girl that if i can do that, and she can do survivor, then she can handle this baby!!"

    in short, that means she loves you. best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey!

    Did you get Harpers gift yet from me???? It was suppose to have been mailed on Monday.


    Mrs. Keister

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your song choices! I would be so nervous if I was on the brink of labor, and alone, lol! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you a wonderful week-end!! Harper will arrve in good time... enjoy!! XO HHL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word! Good luck with everything and I can't wait to hear the news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great song list. I actually need to make one for running. And you are right, the birth claases are truly informative. I was freaking out about having a C-section. But after a c-section prep class, I was feeling more relaxed.

    Good luck this weekend. Maybe baby will come?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Since this is such a random post, I don't mind leaving a reply from your comment on my blog here :) Yes, the girls go to the preschool with me, which is perfect, because I HATE leaving them with other people! I like raising my own kids :) It is part time and so it leaves plenty of time for us to be home doing housework and playing...which, of course, is the most important part of childhood! You definitely should look into something similar near where you are living now...especially with your nanny experience, it should be easy for you to find a job in a church preschool or Mother's Morning Out program when you're ready to work again. Good luck with everything, and I can't wait to see pics of your handsome little man!

    ReplyDelete
  11. was thinking of you this weekend, hope all is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh jealous that your husband joined a band! I keep telling myself that I'm going to look into doing so and then slacking off. I can sing and I'm mediocre at the guitar...I need practice and really, I need a hobby other than sitting on my butt at home and reading.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity