Monday, September 13, 2010

My New Tumblr Blog!


I am not really familiar with Tumblr but I heard about it and wanted to give it a try. I decided to make a Tumblr blog page.


Check it out HERE! 

The definition of Tumblr is:

Tumblr is a blogging platform that allows users to post text, images, video, links, quotes, and audio to their tumblelog, a short-form blog. Users are able to "follow" other users and see their posts together on their dashboard. Users can "like" or "reblog" posts from other blogs on the site.


Tumblr lets you effortlessly share anything. Post text, photos, quotes, links, music, and videos, from your browser, phone, desktop, email, or wherever you happen to be. You can customize everything, from colors, to your theme's HTML.


Fastcompany.com explains it as:

Tumblr is a blogging platform that makes it easier to post video, audio, words, social bookmarks, photos, and even other people's blog posts into your blog, and share it with other people. Instead of having to upload things to YouTube, Delicious or Flickr, or create your own WordPress database before posting things, you can put your media directly into Tumblr from your computer or mobile phone. It's blogging, the way blogging was meant to be.

I think I like the set-up of Tumblr. It is a really easy blog form. You can post very simplistic blogs, very fast! It is one of the newest forms of blogging and is growing in popularity. Tumblr focuses on more minimalistic posts, kind of like Twitter.


Tumblr has a simplified user interface, allowing users to upload simply by clicking on a button for text, picture, video, etc. Like other social media sites, on Tumblr users can ‘follow’ other users. Following someone puts their posts on the dashboard, allowing the user to quickly read updates without having to visit other blogs. The style of blogging used on Tumblr is a unique style of microblogging which has been labelled as tumblelogging.

If you are one of those people that has thought about starting a blog but just doesn't have the extra time to put into it, I would recommend checking out Tumblr! It literally takes 5 minutes to set-up. And it is so easy! It is perfect for beginner bloggers. There is no need to have any knowledge of HTML or CSS to get Tumblr up and running.

I think Tumblr is going to be the next "big thing" as far as social media is concerned. What do you all think? Do you like the set-up? Are you tempted to make your on Tumblr blog? I recommend grabbing your current blog's Tumblr name before it is too late. If you have a Tumblr account, let me know. I need to follow some folks!

I think this will be a great way to post quick photos of the baby to share with friends and family!

Another FUN FACT- people can ask you random questions of Tumblr. For instance, I was asked my earliest childhood memory. Then I respond to the random questions and they post on my blog. It is a fun little bonus and a great way to learn fun facts about each other.
Jaime

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jaime!

    I love Tumblr - I started following you! My blog is called Cherry House (it documents all of my home renovations) http://cherryhouse.tumblr.com/

    I'm excited for you and the arrival of your little one!

    - grace poser

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee skippeees I have another tumblr friend! :) You're going to love it! I treat mine more like an inspiration board for my photos, but you're right it is SO EASY! I love the little <3 like button - sometimes commenting on blogs takes up so much time, but it's like on FB, where you can send a little love that way. Hope you have fun sweetie! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh fun! i have to check it out!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I may set up one of these tonight!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have definitely been tempted by Tumblr...but I already have too many blogs! So we'll see ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. your topic is very helpful . I’ll bookmark your site to read again

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity