Saturday, May 29, 2010

23 Weeks

Somehow I managed to miss week 22. OOPS!! But I wanted to go ahead and get caught up so here is week 23. It has been a great week so far. I am a few days away from being 6 months pregnant. Now that is crazy. God has blessed me with such an amazing and easy pregnancy. I am so very thankful!! 


How far along? 23 weeks

How big is your baby?  He is about 11 inches long and weighs over one pound! His
 sense of movement  is well developed by now, and baby can feel me dance! 

Weight gain? I am not sure of the exact weight gain but I am definitely growing. Luckily I am growing outwards and not sideways. It looks like I have an upside down bowl on my belly. 


Strech marks? Still buttering up the belly. No stretch marks. YIPPY! 


Maternity Clothes? Still wearing my sundresses but I decided to go to Target this week and but my first "maternity" dress. It is red and quite cute. I also had to buy a new bra. HA! I hope those stop growing soon... my back is starting to hurt and I think my alignment is going out of whack... I guess that means another maternity massage! Target has some cute maternity clothes. And they are very inexpensive. Expecting mothers should check it out. 


Sleep? Baby starts moving and bouncing around at night. He is a night owl, just like his mama! Sometimes he will let out a good kick. Maybe we have a soccer player on our hands? Or a punter? I love feeling him move. And I have noticed I rub my belly all of the time now. Even when I am walking around, I rub my belly without even realizing I am doing it. Do all expecting moms do this? 


Best moment of the week? Watching my dad and Erik put up a new wall in the master bedroom and build a massive closet. I was spoiled in college and had huge walk-in closets. So, dad and Erik decided to add on several more feet to my closet to ensure I have plenty of storage space! I am one lucky girl! And going out to dinner to Bonefish Grill with the Huffman's for Gary's birthday. We had an amazing and massive meal. I know Baby H enjoyed it! 


Food Cravings? Chili hotdogs. I was never a hotdog fan growing up. As a matter of fact, I actually disliked hotdogs. But lately I have been craving loaded chili dogs. I had one for lunch and man it was tasty! 


Gender? Baby BOY!!! I think I am pretty set on a name too! But that will be another post. 


Movement? He is a wiggler. I love it!!! 

What I miss? We went for mexican food this week. I wanted a margarita. And I had a hard time not ordering tuna at Bonefish! But my meal was still fantastic. 


Belly Button? Innie but it is starting to look like it wants to change. 


What I am looking forward to? Spending the weekend with the family before I head to LA on Monday for work. I will be  gone for an entire week so I am going to miss everyone. I should get the baby a frequent flyer card... this is technically his third flight. Second to LA and we went to NYC once. He is a jet-setter. 


Milestone? Serious belly growth. 



PS, tomorrow I will take baby bump photos for Sunday's blog post. I meant to take some today but my camera died while I was taking photos of Fender attacking the sprinkler water. 

7 comments:

  1. My baby is 8 months old, and you are making me want to get pregnant again now! (even though half of my pregnancy was all-day morning sickness!) Love the updates! Can't wait to hear the name. Destination Maternity has some affordable clothes in their Motherhood maternity section as well as Target!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI...Old Navy has some really cute Maternity clothes. You have to order them online but they aren't terribly expensive and they have some of the cutest tops and dresses I have seen. I have ordered several things from there. Check it out! Glad you are doing well! I have about 7 weeks left and I getting really anxious! :) Have a safe trip to LA too! Tell Erik hello for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed Target had adorable maternity clothes. How smart. It's really a waste of money to spend too much on clothes. You are only in them for a short period of time.

    These updates are so fun to read. The graphic is awesome. Can't wait to see the photos.

    Have fun in LA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I love the update! Cannot wait to hear the baby's name. Have such a fun trip to LA! So jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. Just a heads up, I'm giving you an award tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww! Congrats, what an exciting time and cute blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the name part! Can't wait to hear what you've decided on! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity