Friday, July 15, 2011

U-S-C Go Cocks!

Gamecock sports are on the rise. When I was in school we struggled a bit. But now we are two-time National Champs!! Thank goodness for the USC baseball team. 

I am VERY ready for football season. We had a great recruitment class. I am can't wait to see Marcus Lattimore school his opponents once again. Alshon Jeffery is the best receiver in the SEC. And Jadeveon Clowney looks like a beast. He has so much potential, I am excited to see how he performs.

Today the Southeastern Conference office announced nine University of South Carolina football players were named to the 2001 Coaches Preseason All-SEC teams.  Running back Marcus Lattimore, junior wide receiver Alshon Jeffery, junior defensive end Devin Taylor and junior defensive back Stephon Gilmore earned first-team recognition. Second-team selections include South Carolina senior quarterback Stephen Garcia, senior offensive lineman Rokevious Watkins and senior defensive end Melvin Ingram. Gamecock senior offensive lineman Kyle Nunn and senior defensive tackle Travian Robertson were named to the third team unit.

Sweet Mimi bought Harper the cutest tailgate outfit. We can't wait to take him to his first Carolina game.

Are you looking forward to football season? What team do you pull for? 




Jaime

5 comments:

  1. ahhhh I love it!!! I am super ready for football season to start as well, I am sad to summer go, but I can't wait to be sitting in those stands in the fall air with the crowd cheering!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your sweet baby is the cutest little gamecock fan i've ever seen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You all are the cutest Gamecocks fans I know! Of course you know my allegiance lies with UK but cute little Harper makes it pretty hard to not want to cheer for USC (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started following college football when I was living in Virginia years and years ago but didn't pick a team until I moved to SC in 2007...at which point I decided on the Gamecocks, honestly because I kept meeting really annoying Clemson fans and the Gamecocks have better colors anyway (and a more amusing name)...haha. That said, they weren't so great those first couple years but now I'm glad that I didn't go over to the dark side despite the taunting from my Clemson friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harper is ADORABLE in his USC tailgate outfit :) Looks like it was made just for him!

    Love,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity