Monday, November 7, 2011

My Hubby-The Musician

Now that we are back in South Carolina, Erik doesn't get to play music quite as much as he use to. He is an extremely talented musician. I miss going to all of his Florez shows! He can play bass guitar (I guess you would say that is his "specialty") and he can play the acoustic guitar and sing. Erik started singing to Harper when he was in my belly. And now he sings, "Jesus Loves Me" to him every night before he goes to sleep. Harper will just lay there and stare and smile while he sings. And whenever Harper is sad and Erik is out of town, I will pull up YouTube and play the old Florez song, "Sweet Tea," for him. He immediately stops crying and starts dancing. It is so sweet! I wanted to share one of Erik's videos with you all. I absolutely love this song! 

Jaime

5 comments:

  1. Your husband is a very talented musician. Love listening to acoustic guitar. There are a lot of talented musicians in Seattle, but the Pacific Northwest does not usually get sweet southern style music.

    Thank you for sharing the video with everyone.

    http://www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! This is so great! "Sweet Tea" by Florez is on Bennett's Bedtime Mix :o) But, I like Erik's solo version a ton! Thanks for sharing, Jaime! We still need to eventually get together since we live so close! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, I hear ya on not being involved in music as much! I actually joined a band back in April but our lead guitarist left in August and then our drummer decided he didn't feel like bothering to stick around and find a new guitarist so we just kind of...fell apart in September. I've been too busy/lazy to go looking for another band to join at this point. I can play a bit of rhythm guitar but I'm not THAT good; I'm mainly a singer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! I all of a sudden missed singing as well.

    www.mommylhey.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was an amazing song and your husband did amazing! You guys are just the cutest!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity