Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Let's Play Catch-Up!

Is has been AWHILE... a long while since I have been able to sit down and blog. My life is CRAZY but crazy in a good way. The Huffman family has been going through many changes (for the better) in recent months and we feel extremely blessed for the new opportunities life has presented us with.

Over the past few months Harper has hit many milestones. He no longer crawls! He is only walking and running at this point. Oh how this changes things. The boy gets into EVERYTHING!!! And I mean everything. He is very smart and figures out how to get around the barricades mommy puts up. He can climb up onto our coffee table, open boxes, open saltine cracker packages, climb into the bathtub on his own, go up and down stairs, and open his drawers and remove everything from them. He pretty much thinks he is a man. I am not sure how many one-year-olds do these things?! I spend my days chasing him around and picking up after him.


He is the happiest baby I have ever seen. In fact, he laughs at himself and our dog Fender all day long. His laugh is contagious and I find myself laughing more now than I have in my entire life. He is an absolute trip.


I took him for his first haircut (daddy was out of town for work) and he did GREAT! He just sat there smiling and played with a comb the hairdresser gave him. I decided it was absolutely necessary to get his hair cut. His beautiful curls led many people to believe he was a little girl. How they mistake a baby boy dressed in a blue sweater with a FOOTBALL on it for a girl....I have no idea. But it happened and it happened often. And even when someone knew he was a boy they would say, "That is the prettiest boy I have ever seen. His eyes are just so pretty and look at those gorgeous eyelashes." Handsome people, the word used to describe baby boys is usually handsome. Now I have to admit I completely agree with these folks, he is a good looking baby boy but if you are not sure a child's gender, just say, "What a precious child." So now he has short hair... and people still mistake him for a girl...FIGURES!

In other news... we celebrated Harper's first birthday! My baby is officially a toddler. I get a little teary-eyed thinking about it. This past year went by WAY too fast! I will do a longer post about his birthday party but here is a sneak peek.



Harper also went on his first plane ride and his first bus ride. He made friends with all of the people around us. They seemed very impressed with his good behavior. I am sure they were all pissed when they realized they were sitting next to a baby on the flight so I am sure he was a pleasant surprise. 

I have a TON of photos on my iPhone... I finally have an iPhone, what a relief. In my humble opinion, the Droid sucks compared to my iPhone. I need to stop listening to other people's opinions and go with my gut...I knew I wanted an iPhone from the get-go. I should have bought one in the first place. The Droid X was a complete fail. So back to my initial thought...I will upload those pics on my camera and share some tomorrow. 

I have started to list out my current goals. Here they are:
  • Blog daily
  • Exercise at least 3 times a week
  • Drink water (this is going to be tough, I actually HATE water)
  • Take photography classes
  • Learn how to sew
  • Teach Harper the ABC's 
  • Finish decorating Harper's new nursery
  • Decorate the master bedroom

Fingers crossed!! This list is pretty ambitious so we shall see. I will leave you with a video of our sweet pup Fender. Erik and Fender recently perfected this awesome trick:




Jaime

1 comment:

  1. Yes, our baby is growing up fast. But how fun is the 1-year-old phase?! I am so proud of our little man. Good blog, babe!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity