Sunday, April 10, 2011

Reba's Wisdom

"To succeed in life, you need three things:  a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone."-Reba McEntire

I saw this quote and and absolutely loved it. Reba is a wise woman. I love to wish and dream. I think that is what keeps me going and motivated. Sometimes my ideas are a little far-fetched but I guess it is always better to dream big then to just settle. And I am blessed to have such an amazing backbone, my sweet husband. Erik has such a sweet soul and manages to keep me smiling in stressful situations. And even when a smile is pretty much impossible to put on my face, he still tries! My little munchkin is my funny bone. He cracks me up and his little laugh is so contagious. Sometimes I will just lay down with him and we will go back and forth laughing at each other for hours.

I have needed all three this past month because my life has been beyond stressful. We moved, I just started a new job, and the entire family decided to get sick. We are still unpacking boxes and will be unpacking boxes for the next few weeks. But we are absolutely thrilled with the new house. It has four bedrooms so we have a guest room, a master bedroom, Harper's nursery, and I am going to use the fourth room as my craft room! I am so excited. The only bad part is having to redecorate everything. Of course I want to decorate Harper's nursery first! I think I am going to paint his walls a cream cream color and then have one accent wall with baby blue stripes. I found this very pretty metallic blue paint at Lowe's that I want to try to use. I went ahead and bought some cream colored paint from Sherwin Williams. It is called "Roman Column" and I think it will look perfect with the light baby blue. All of Sherwin Williams paint is 40% off today!! Great deal. We are going to try to paint on Tuesday but we shall see because our schedule never seems to go as planned these days.

Here are some photos from our move in day:

Testing out the new nursery:


The first time they walked in the new home!


I will try to take more photos of the new house as we start unpacking and redecorating! I would love decor suggestions.
Jaime

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the move and job! Can't wait to see as you paint and get settled in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your boys are just too cute.

    congrats and best wishes with the new home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a great quote! Congrats on the new home, can't wait to see more pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A verse to give you the strength to press on
    Ephesians 3: 20-21. Now glory be to God who by his mighty power at work within us is able to do far more than we would ever dare to ask or even dream of--infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, or hopes. May he be given glory forever and ever...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness. It's taken me long enough to figure out! I wander your darling blog occasionally and always think "why does she look SO familiar?! I swore I knew you in college or something. Survivor!!!!! A little late to the game huh? I'm star struck. ;) I love that show! And you were DARLING.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity