Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Nursery News

The new nursery is PAINTED!!! And it looks amazing. Erik and his dad worked hard painting until late last night. For the base color we used Sherwin Williams "Roman Column"

and then we did one accent wall with power blue metallic stripes. We used a paint from Lowe's and it was surprisingly easy (from what the guys tell me) to get the pretty metallic finish.


I am so in love with the new color scheme. Everything is really starting to come together.  Here are a few photos from last night:





In baby news, Harper is growing up way too fast. The kid can crawl like its nobody's business. He crawls straight across the room and tries to pick up things. When we bring him outside on the blanket he crawls right off and picks the grass and tries to eat it. It is hysterical. But now that he is crawling life is much more complicated. We can't leave him for a split second. If I turn my back he manages to go after something. I can't imagine how much things will change when he starts walking. He can also sit up on his own. He is so proud when he sits up. He giggles and gets an absolute kick out of it. And the kid can fly in his walker. He goes back and forth all over the house. It is really cute when he gets stuck because he throws a little fit but as soon as you turn him around he laughs and takes off again. He still has the sweetest personality of any baby I have ever seen and he is an absolute joy to be around. He enjoys most solid foods although he is not a huge fan of peas and he really loves playing with toys and balls. I can't believe my sweet baby boy is 7 months old. But I am absolutely loving this new stage and all of the fun "firsts" that come along with it!





Jaime

4 comments:

  1. beautiful! love the color & pattern

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to you guys for doing the stripes like that! I've always wanted to do that to a room in my house but I seriously don't have the patience to do it myself or the money to pay someone, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your color scheme! Please post more pics as it comes along!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity