Pinkim over at Truly Simply Pink, was so sweet and gave me the stylish blogger award. THANKS PINKIM! Make sure to check out her lovely blog. She is a I am a 15 year breast cancer survivor/advocate and mother of one college freshman and a wife.
Now, apparently, there are a few rules to follow here and they are:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave it to you.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pay it forward to 15 other recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact those bloggers and tell them about their award.
So 7 things about myself:
1) I was born in Ft. Lauderdale Florida and actually lived in the city of Sunrise for 15 years. I lived in an amazing neighborhood with a wonderful group of friends that I still keep in touch with.
2) I love to play softball. I played pretty much my entire life which comes as a surprise to most because apparently I don't "look like a softball player." Although I am still not really sure what that means... I love the sport and miss playing. My favorite positions were shortstop, 2nd, and catcher.
3) I am a Buffalo Bills fan. Even though I grew up near Miami, I actually despise the Dolphins. My father and his whole side of the family are from Buffalo, NY and they are huge Bills fans. It has been a hard 10 years but we keep holding on to the hope that one day we will have another Superbowl worthy team. Man I miss Bruce, Thurman, Jim, and Andre. Those were the days!
4) I am a huge USC GAMECOCK fan. I went to the University of South Carolina and love everything garnet and black. I especially love Carolina football. Praying we pull out a win tonight against Florida!
5) I had a wonderful group of friends in college and by pure coincidence we were all blonde. Although I did have one best friend, Natalie, and she was my token brunette! We referred to ourselves as "Team Blonde," hysterical... I know. I love all of these girls very much!
6) I have an amazing and incredibly good looking husband. I call him "curl" because he has gorgeous brown curly hair. Every day I remind myself how lucky I am to have him in my life. He is the best spouse a girl could ask for and he is such an amazing father. We met in China in June of 2007. We were both contestants on CBS Survivor China. The craziest part, we actually grew up about 25 miles apart. He grew up in a small town, Greenville, SC and I grew up in the town right next to him, Spartanburg. But we met in freaking CHINA! Crazy right!?
7) Erik and I were blessed with our first child in September. I love being a momma and little Harper has my heart. He is such a sweet and beautiful baby. I am a lucky girl!
Ok, I am just going to give this to 5 bloggers...